Sunday, September 25, 2011

Why Do I Call It "Today's Fuel"?

Hundreds of people have asked why I call my postings Today's Fuel.  Alright, no one has asked but something happened the other day that I feel is the perfect example of why I chose this name.  I was talking to a girl I work with about different books and she made the comment, "you like to read all that positive self-help stuff, don't you?"  I replied "yes" and asked if she did.  She said, "Not really, I already know all that stuff."

What's funny about my response is that it was immediate.  I said, "I do, too, but I think of positive thinking like a campfire.  In order to keep it ablaze you have to keep stoking it and adding fuel.  These books and quotes are my fuel."

Positive thinking is a perishable skill.  In order to prevent this skill from expiring you must keep it fresh in your mind.  The entire purpose of these postings is for me to help myself (and anyone else who reads it) keep the fire of positivity ignited.  Once you make that leap of faith to believe a positive attitude can change your world the investment of reading or even thinking about this "positive self-help stuff" is minuscule in relation to the rewards you reap.

Control you mind and control your world!

No comments:

Post a Comment